Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Wendy Higgins and Kaidan Rowe Interview

Posted by BookGroupies
Hey Everyone!!! We had the chance to interview Wendy Higgins author of The Sweet Trilogy and the swoon-worthy Kaidan Rowe!!!! *insert fan girl scream*






*happy dance* ok peeps we got the greatest privilege ever!!! We had the amazing honor of interview the lovely and talented Wendy Higgins and *drum roll* KAIDAN ROWE *faints* please enjoys J

Megan & Jazzy- Thank you so much for finding the time to come chat with us, it truly means a lot, please have a seat anywhere you’d like.

Wendy- Thanks for having us! *sits in a chair*

Kaidan- *grinning, sits right between Jazzy and Meg*

Jazzy- *leans closer to you to whisper* So Wendy tell me what is it like to be around Kai all the time? *takes a peek his way and winks*

Wendy- It’s like having somebody constantly in your bubble…only you don’t mind. Instead of being creepy it’s, well, the opposite. And having his voice in my head is a bit unnerving for many reasons.

Meg- *blushes and gives you a serious look* So Kai what’s it like to have everyone know your story? Do you have to go out in disguise so women don’t throw themselves at your feet?

Kaidan- No disguises for me. At least not for that purpose. Why would I hide from women throwing themselves at me? I say, bring it on, ladies. *winks and laughs*

Jazzy- *stammer* we made brownies would you guys like some? *holds out brownies* and *looks coyly at Kai* So Kaidan what’s your favorite song you’ve recorded?

Kaidan- *takes brownie* Thank you. *bites seductively* I quite enjoyed recording “Good Thing” - lots of angsty emotion in that one.

Meg- *smiles* So Wendy how did you come up with these incredible books? They are so steamy and gripping that you legit don’t want it to end.

Wendy- I’m never really sure how to answer this question. I just came to me, from my crazy imagination. It was like a layered process. I just write what appeals to me, and hope the same things will appeal to others.

Jazzy- *serious look* So Wendy we heard rumors that you were writing a Novella…Is this true? *excitedly waiting for answer*

Wendy- Nope. Definitely one of those “wishful thinking” rumors. Sorry. Maybe someday!

Meg- *looks at you with sadness* So Kai we all know that you are part demon, but how do you deal with that? Does it ever make you just want to off yourself? *pats his hand*

Kaidan- Never been much for offing myself. The way I dealt with it in the past was to take what I wanted and needed, anytime and anywhere. But once I started attempting to have some self-control...well. That just royally sucks. I’ve had to constantly think of unsettling and unsexy things...like dump trucks and livestock and country western music.

Jazzy- *curious look* So Wendy what made you decide that state for your story to take place? Does it hold a meaning to you in some way?

Wendy- My dad, stepmom, and 17yo little sister Lucy live in Cartersville, Georgia. I love it there, and I thought it would be fun for my little sister to see her town and school in a book. :)

Meg- *stifles a giggle* So Kai our dear friend Jen would love to know what kind of cupcakes you like?

Kaidan- I’m not picky. I’ll eat anything. I like it all. *grins*

Jazzy- *raises eyebrow* Alright Wendy here comes a curve ball….If you could describe Kaidan and Anna in five words what would they be? *jeopardy music playing in the background*

Wendy- Er, um, oh crap. Okay. “A sexy and sweet combination.”

Meg- *Looks at you with awe* So Wendy what kind of advice can you give a new author? Anything they should be wary of?

Wendy- Wow, there’s so much I could say. It’s a lot different than I expected. I would say don’t read reviews. Avoid them like a disease. Focus on interacting with the fans. Don’t expect to make much money, but expend to spend a lot on swag and mailings, lol. Most of all, focus on the positive and make some trusted author friends who you can confide in. Don’t lose your love for creating. If needed, take a break.

Jazzy-*glares at Wendy nicely* so *coughs* why did you only tease us with a bit of Kai at the beginning and then make us suffer without him for half of the book? * Glares at Kai* were you too busy with the ladies to make an appearance mister? *places hands on hips*

Kaidan- Not saying a word. That was not a brilliant time for me. *looks at Wendy*

Wendy- Yeah, that was a hard time for everyone. They had some deep issues to work through. I didn’t want to keep Kai away, trust me.

Meg- * looks at you with adoration* So Kai *bats eyelashes* any secrets about yourself you are willing to share?

Kaidan- Here’s a little something that may freak you out. I can find something attractive about anyone who lusts after me. Yes, anyone. If I see red in their aura, I am bound to feel it in return. What? Don’t judge.

Jazzy- * looks at you with hope* so Wendy can you give a little taste or a teaser for the next book?

Wendy- No. LOL - don’t hate me, haha. I have to take this teaser thing slowly. All I’ll say is that there will be closure. And all my beta readers have cried...

Meg & Jazzy - Thank you both for coming out today and having a chat with us, it was a lot of fun *smiles brightly*

Kaidan- The pleasure was mine.

Wendy- Thanks for having us!

Meg- *hugs both Wendy and Kaidan* it was an honor hosting you two

Kaidan- *holds Meg close, lingering*

Wendy- *pokes Kai in the waist* Get off her.

Kaidan- Sorry. *grins in a lazy way that shows he’s not sorry at all*

Jazzy- *blushes* Kaidan, can I get a kiss on my cheek?

Wendy- Oh, boy. Here we go.

Kaidan- *steps forward and slides one hand behind your head while the other covers your shoulder*

Wendy- Kai…behave.

Kaidan- *ignores* *leans down and breathes against Jazzy’s cheek, closing his eyes before placing a warm kiss on her cheek* How was that, luv?

We both are done for, swooning was just too much for us hahahaha


6 comments:

Jen on July 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM said...

Hahaha, I LUV this! You two are so sweet for mentioning me and my question! Btw, I would fix Kai any kind of cupcake he wanted. ;)

BookGroupies on July 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM said...

anytime Jen heheh I don't blame you he's so omg *dies all over again* I swear I think I love him even more now hahahahah (meg)

Bookish Girl on July 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM said...

Hahaaaa AMAZING!!
I'm glad you enjoyed, girls! You seem to had great time you 4 ;D

xx

Manon

BookGroupies on July 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM said...

*goofy grin* we sure did!! Best interview yet sill on cloud nine from it hehehe

Xoxoxo thanks Manon
(Meg)

Bookish Girl on July 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM said...

Haha i guess sooo! enjoy your cloud then!! ;D

xxx

BookGroupies on July 10, 2013 at 6:56 AM said...

Hahaha we will :p

Post a Comment

 

Book Groupies Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos