Wednesday, December 17, 2014

~Release Day Blitz~ Redemption (The Revelation Series #3) by Randi Cooley Wilson

Posted by BookGroupies

Title: Redemption (The Revelation Series #3)
Author: Randi Cooley Wilson
Date of publication: December 15th 2014



A LOVE RETURNS.
A LOYALTY IS BROKEN.
AND WAR BEGINS.

For Eve Collins, darkness has descended after her love vanished into the night sky. A new protector has been appointed, one who challenges everything she’s believed to be true.

In this third installment of The Revelation Series, Eve will become aware of dangers and worlds that exist only in her nightmares, and bloodline secrets that will trigger a centuries old war.

You can escape anything, except your destiny.

Readers captivated by Revelation and Restraint will become enthralled with Redemption.

*Mature Young Adult/New Adult Paranormal Romance*



Eve, Abby and Callan – Redemption “Ice Cream Wars”
“I can’t even believe that I am mated to you,” Abby screeches. I cringe. An hour. This has been going on for an hour. Please God make it stop. I sigh and swallow another spoonful.
“Baby, don’t be like that. You know it’s totally true. Ben & Jerry’s Hazed and Confused is honestly the best flavor ice cream in the history of the world,” Callan argues.
Abby’s eyes are like saucers. Big, blue, angry saucers. “Callan Thomas St. Michael, I may have to break our bond. McConnell’s Eureka Lemon and Marion Berries is by far the best flavor ever made. Right, Eve?” They both stare at me, waiting for me to pick a side. I groan.
“I’m partial to black raspberry,” I offer quietly, not really wanting to be in the middle.
Callan’s jaw drops and Abby beams before clearly taking the high road. Good lord.
“That’s closer to my flavor, and since they’re both fruit flavors, I win,” she declares.
“No way. Babe, her pick doesn’t count. That flavor isn’t even an ice cream. It’s a sorbet or frozen yogurt, or something. I mean, who picks a fruit flavored ice cream?” Callan disputes.
Abby’s mouth drops. “I JUST DID!”
“Would you two please tone it down? Christ, it’s like I’m out with my parents. People are staring and you’re embarrassing me with your bickering.” God, they’re like children.
Callan and Abby look around with perplexed looks on their faces.
“Cutie, there’s like, no one here. How could we possibly be embarrassing you? Are you telling me the opinion of one scoop girl is going to keep you up all night?”
 




The Revelation Series




About Randi Cooley Wilson

Randi Cooley Wilson is the author of both new and young adult paranormal/fantasy and contemporary romances. Her debut novel Revelation is the first book in The Revelation Series, which includes the sequel Restraint. After living in Southern California, happily bathed in

sunshine and warm weather for fifteen years, Randi recently moved back to her home state of Massachusetts with her husband and daughter.



How did you come up with the idea for this story?
The Revelation Series was an idea that progressed over time. As a long-time lover of the paranormal romance genre, I was craving something different and distinctive. In 2008, I was home on maternity leave and starting writing, which is something I do frequently as a creative outlet. Before I even realized it, my one-off sentences, and character backgrounds morphed into a story. From there, I folded in my obsession with John Milton’s Paradise Lost and my love for gothic architecture and really romanced the idea of the mythology behind my supernatural creatures.

Where do you find your inspiration? 
Anywhere and everywhere. It’s a vague answer, but it’s completely true. For Redemption, (The Revelation Series, book #3), one of my chapters was inspired by my hatred for a particular cereal my six-year old loves (laughs).

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
It changes depending on the day and what I’m writing. With The Revelation Series, I find the character of Gage Gallagher difficult to write because he’s so deep and there are some many levels to him that at times, I get lost in all that is Gage Gallagher.

What are your current projects? 
At the moment, I’m finishing up the last two installments of the series. After which, I will be releasing two stand-alone new adult contemporary romance novels.

Tell us about your first book. What would readers find different about the first one and your most recent published work?
This is an interesting question. I feel the more I write, the deeper my books get. Revelation, (The Revelation Series, book #1) was really about the mythology behind the supernatural creatures and the world building that surrounds the characters. Restraint, (The Revelation Series, book #2) was about the love between the main characters, Asher and Eve. Redemption, (The Revelation Series, book #3) takes you deeper into their world and also allows the secondary characters to shine, which I love.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 
Nothing in life is what it seems. There is light and dark in everything we do. That is fundamentally what makes us a balanced human. There are no right, or wrong decisions, only choices we make in the moment.

Does music play any type of role in your writing?
Absolutely, although I don’t listen to music while I write, it distracts me. Before I write a particular character or scene, I tend to listen to certain songs to get me in the right mind set. For instance, when I write anything with Gage Gallagher, I listen to Arctic Monkey’s Do I Wanna Know. Same with Asher St. Michael, I listen to Pearl Jam’s Siren. That song is what inspired Eve’s nickname.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your life?
It depends. I think everything I write, on some level, is influenced by my experiences. That said none of my characters are based off of one particular person.

What books have influenced your life most?
I wish I could say there was a particular book or series that turned me on to writing. I’m simply in love with the written word. I’m one of those daydreamers who adore being thrown into new worlds and characters lives that aren’t my own. In college, I had a slight obsession with John Milton’s Paradise Lost, which influenced this series and the first book I read that truly took me away in my imagination was The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Are there any new authors that have grasp your interest?
I’m so bad at this (laughs). I love new and indie authors and I have tons of books in my Kindle library. That said, since I’ve been focused on finishing this series, I’ve tended to put a lot of my reading on hold for a bit. So I can’t offer any amazing insight on new authors at this time.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Of course, I’d be happy to. Here is an excerpt from Redemption (The Revelation Series, book #3) releasing 12/15/14:
Strong arms wrap tightly around my waist and tug me back to a warm, muscular chest. Asher lifts his hand and moves my hair to one side, over my shoulder, so he can have access to my neck. I tilt my head to the right, making it easy for his lips to gently brush the sensitive skin under my left ear before leaving a trail of soft kisses.
“Someday, when this is all over, I promise you’ll have the peace you’re craving. It will be just me and you, siren,” he vows quietly.
I sigh in contentment. “That’s all I want, Ash.”
“Then I’ll move Heaven and earth to make sure you get it.”
I turn to face him and push up on my tiptoes. Leaning in, I give him a slow, molten kiss. I push everything I feel for him into the gesture. I want to fill every space of his soul, the way he does mine.
It’s like I’m trying to climb inside his heart and live there. I’m not sure how long we stay like this, in our own private, perfect moment, but I never want to leave.
Breathlessly, I pull away. My eyes find Asher’s. “What is it you want the most?”
Asher’s intense gaze holds mine, taking my breath away. “Redemption.”

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Thank you. It’s always thank you. I’m so blessed to have had the opportunity to release this series and even more taken aback that people read it and love it. I’m just beyond grateful this community has embraced me as it has.

How can readers discover more about you and your work?
You can head over to my website: www.randicooleywilson.com or stalk me on Facebook, Twitter and/or Goodreads.

Do you have a special time to write? How is your day structured writing-wise?
Yes. No matter what I’m doing, I try and sit down from 9PM – 1AM and write every day. Some nights it’s a word. Other’s it is just editing. Then, there are the nights I get so lost in my writing that I don’t get any sleep (laughs). No matter what’s happening though I try to get in at least 4 hours a night, 5 nights a week.

Why did you choose to write paranormal stories?
Paranormal Romance is my favorite genre to read so it seemed like a natural stepping stone to write my first series as a new adult paranormal romance.

What is for you the perfect book hero?
This is a great question. I prefer a hero who is strong, emotional, overprotective, yet has flaws.

When you start a book, do you already have the whole story in your head or is it built progressively?
When I sit down to write each individual novel, I normally outline and decide what I want to happen in each book. There is a formula I work off of. As I begin to write, it usually goes out the window though, and the characters begin to dictate the storyline.

When and why did you begin writing?
I’ve always written as a creative outlet and a way of expressing myself from a young age. For me, it’s like breathing. It’s my outlet. Whenever I’m feeling frustrated, angry, happy, etc. it’s the first thing I do. I’d never really intended to become an author per say. The more I wrote a sentence here, a line of dialogue there, character backgrounds, the more I realized I was crafting The Revelation Series.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
This is a loaded question (laughs) because I still don’t. I’m not sure it will ever sink in that I’m a published writer.

List three books you have recently read and would recommend.
Wing Woman by Bella Jewel, Black Lies by Alessandra Torre and A Whole New Crowd by Tijan

Tell us something that people would be surprised you know how to do.
Um…I can twerk (smirks).

Will you write more about these characters?
Yes. I have the final two installments in The Revelation Series coming out in the Spring and Summer of 2015 before I say goodbye to these characters.

------------------------------------------



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Book Groupies Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos